Just Hang in There | Attitude of GratitudeAugust 31, 2020
Happy New YearJanuary 8, 2021
Essential Oils and Emotional Well-Being
Previously on the blog, we addressed the different ways essential oils can utilized: through application, through smell, and ingestion. Today, we’re focusing on essential oils and how they can help with our emotional well-being through soothing, and the best oils to use!
Essential oils have the ability to soothe our bodies – whether we are stressed from life or just having trouble sleeping. This is not an all-encompassing list but a great place to start!
Essential oils that have soothing properties include:
- Lavender (can be applied topically,1-2 drops under the tongue or in capsule, or diffused)
- Roman chamomile (can be applied topically, used in cooking, or diffused)
- Clary sage (can be applied topically, used in cooking, or diffused)
- Orange (can be applied topically, 1-2 drops under the tongue or added to drink, or diffused)
- Geranium (can be applied topically, taken in capsules, or diffused)
- Sandalwood (can be applied topically, taken in capsules, or diffused)
- Bergamot (can be applied topically, ingested through food or water, or diffused)
The essential oils above have soothing properties that can assist in the relaxation of the body for sleep purposes. These oils can be diffused or even added to your pillow.
The possibilities for essential oils seem endless – as school is starting back up, or work is hectic, try out these oils for you and your family!
**Always research your oils and their proper instructions on usage**